The first NYCSLA meeting of the year filled the McKinley Library at PS 63/The Neighborhood School in Manhattan with new and returning members. This is what we did:
- ratified the new slate of NYCSLA officers
- outlined the mission and purpose of NYCSLA: professional development and networking opportunities for members and advocacy in a larger library community as a NYLA/SLMS affiliate
- introduced the ways members can get involved: local networks, general meetings, and committee work
- introduced the NYCSLA book club
- broke into local networks, which appointed network leaders and agreed on a focus for this year
Thanks to principal Milo Novelo and librarian Cheryl Wolf for hosting us at their library.